Mussoorie is a hill station in the Dehradun District of Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is located in Northern India. Its total population size is 30,118 as per the census of 2011. It is far away about 35 kilometres from the state capital of Dehradun and 290 km north of the national capital of New Delhi. Mussoorie is situated at an elevation of 7000 feet above the sea level.
Mussoorie attracks many domestic as well as international tourist not because of its natural beauty but because of its green hills. It is also known as The Queen Of Hills. The place is also referred as the gateway to the “Gangotri and “Yamunotri” shrines. Every tourist generally visit to Mall road which is the most popular place of Mussoorie. Lots of Hotels, Restaurant, Offices and local shops are located there. Many local person are found there to sell Artificial jewelries, hand made craft, baskets etc.
Best Time to Visit
If anyone want to go for vacation there then best time is between mid-March to mid-November as the rains during monsoons and cold during the winters make it pretty inaccessible but the best time to visit Mussoorie is from the month of September to June because winter is dominated by snowfall. Post monsoon visitors can enjoy water rafting and in summer every visitor prefer to Trek and camp there.
The temperature may vary from -1°C to -3°C in winter and in summer it goes to maximum 37°C. But weather of this place is cool and enjoyable throughout the year.
The nearest railway station is Dehradun and airport is Jolly Grant in Dehradun.
Here is a list of the places which every visitor must visit for getting a enjoyable experience:
- Kempty Falls: For the splashes and chills
- Jharipani Falls: For splendid serenity amidst roaring waters
- Mossy Falls:
- Bhatta Falls: For those photo memoirs
- Lake Mist: A perennial beauty
- Mussoorie Lake: The man-made lake that doesn’t look like one
- Lal Tibba: To the top of Mussoorie
- Camel’s Back Road: For that walk of a different kind
- Benog Wildlife Sanctuary: For exclusive birdwatching
- Gun Hill: A scenic beauty from the top
- Happy Valley: For the happiest memories
- Dhanaulti: Stopping by the woods
- K Dev Bhoomi Wax Museum: The Indian Madame Tussauds
- Sir George Everest’s House Museum: The surveyor’s house
- Mussoorie Adventure Park: The adventurous side of Mussoorie
- Bhadraj Temple: For amazing views of the Chakrata Range
- Tibetan Buddhist Temple: The colors of Buddhism